Skip to main content

Sachin Tendulkar sworn in as Rajya Sabha member


Cricketing legend Sachin Tendulkar took oath as member of the Rajya Sabha making it clear that his focus would be on cricket until he quits it .


However, he insisted that he does not want rumours to spread that he has stopped playing cricket for Parliament.


39-year-old Tendulkar took oath as member of the Rajya Sabha in the presence of Chairman Hamid Ansari and Union Ministers Rajiv Shukla, Harish Rawat and V Narayanasamy.

Sachin, Tendulkar, Rajya Sabha, Cricket, India, Parliament, Sachin and Rajiv Shukla,Sachin and Anjali




Sachin spoke to reporters  after taking the Oath,


"...I am here because of my cricketing career. I cannot take any focus away from my cricket. That is where it all started for me. I will focus on my cricket and as and when I stop playing cricket, I don't know, when I will start attending to other things.


"I don't want rumours to start that I have stopped playing cricket. I will let everyone know when I will stop playing cricket," he said when asked how he would assuage people who raise questions whether he would be able to do justice to the job in Parliament when he is still playing cricket.


"Cricket comes first," Tendulkar told reporters as he and wife Anjali were accompanied by Shukla to Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid Ansari's chamber.


Tendulkar added it was a great honour for him to be nominated as a Rajya Sabha member by the President.


Tendulkar said the Rajya Sabha nomination has put him in better position to help not only cricket but also other sports in the country.


"See, I am a nominee. So, I didn't go to anyone to say that I want to become a Rajya Sabha member. It is a honor which I accept with full respect but I am here because of my cricketing career," he said.



"Whatever I am today is because of cricket and I strongly believe that. Today, with the nomination as Rajya Sabha member, I think I am in a better position not only to help cricket but also other sports in the country which is really important and means a lot to me. And I will try my best to help other sports," he said.


"I would finally like to say that I will be happy if I am remembered as someone who contributed to all sports in India rather than just my cricket statistics. That would be fantastic," Tendulkar said.


There was so much hype created by media as they telecast-ed live and lots of discussion went on how a person like Sachin will address to public issues.


Can Sachin help and make other sports too recognized ? Can he transform the idea of sports in Indian society ?


He has himself, transformed alot for the game of cricket but again his leadership skills be a hinderence in achieving his target?


Lets wait and watch....Sachin has just started his new innings !!! Being one of his fan I expect that he looks on to the area of developments in the other games right from the start of LONDON OLYMPICS!!!

Comments

  1. being a Sachin die-hard fan..this gives mixed reactions :) :( ! Anyways..hope n wish he takes politics to next level too!!

    Balaaji..Nice effort!! way to go!!
    - ur fan
    Arun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Arun, even I felt the same when I composed it but, still for Sachin, this is a new platform and he is not as expressive as his fellow parliamentarians, so there comes the fear...! either others will over shadow him or still he can get his "Straight drive" right.. :) that's lets wait and watch..!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MS Dhoni's - Brilliant Runout

We all know how clever and an intelligent is the Indian cricket team  Captain Cool - MS Dhoni on field, Here is a better demonstration of making the best decisions on field according to situations in the IPL Please also check to the glossary of cricket terms , which most of us aren't aware of. Interesting information here http://www.instagc.com/707763  

Cool Fact about MS Dhoni - Captain Cool

Who is MS Dhoni ? • Born in Ranchi, Bihar (now in Jharkhand) to Pan Singh and Devaki Devi on July 7, 1981. • Sported long hair which he has now shortened, despite the then Pak President Pervez Musharraf wanting him not to do so!. He cut it because he wanted to look like his favourite film star John Abraham. • Loves bikes. Has a Hummer to add to the four cars and 23 high-speed motorcycles already parked in his garage in Ranchi • Endorses more than 20 brands form clothes to soft drinks. • Is one of the highest income tax payers in last year •Is a fan of Adam Gilchrist. His childhood idols were batting maestro Sachin Tendulkar , Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan and singer Lata Mangeshkar. • Studied at DAV Jawahar Vidya Mandir, Shyamali, in Ranchi. (Now the school is known as JVM, Shyamli). Apparently, Sakshi(His wife)studied in the same school too. • Initially excelled in badminton and football and was selected at district and club level in these sports. Was a goalke

India v pakistan twenty 20 world cup 2007 final Last Over India wins

MS Dhoni - India's Best captain came to lime light because this move. It has happened in one of the best grounds  in the world. For the first ever time help T20, India became the Champions and it was against the arch rivals Pakistan, Presenting you the final over bowled by Joginder sharma and you could see the sentiments going on high for the team.